CALL FOR ENTRIES | NOW CLOSED for 2021
The 68th Columbus International Film + Animation Festival will be held April 17 – 18, 2021 in Columbus, Ohio, and is now accepting submissions through January 15, 2021.
Enter your film through our partner submission site Film Freeway Now celebrating its 69th year, the festival introduces Central Ohio to the best independent filmmakers from around the world. Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the Columbus International Film & Animation Festival in 2021.
Through the years, the festival has honored thousands of films, filmmakers, and producers. The festival’s awards remain a revered prize for industry professionals, but the organization is equally passionate about supporting independent ﬁlm. The juried competition focuses on rewarding the world’s best films, regardless of origin, while the festival serves to promote and screen more and more films every year.
Every year, juries made up of industry professionals view all entries to determine which films to include in public screenings. The juries select screening participants, awards, and distinctions for each category. Awards of distinction are offered, when applicable, for Achievements in Education, Achievements in Technology, and Achievements in the Arts.
Submissions for the 68th Annual Columbus International Film + Animation Festival will be accepted through December 15, 2019.
Awards & Prizes
In addition to the prestigious Presidential Award, there are jury-selected awards in select categories and other distinctions. These awards are not limited by division, so all filmmakers are in consideration for these awards.
Rules & Terms
Secure Online Screeners (Vimeo or YouTube links) are the preferred submission method. However, if you chose to submit on DVD (Region 0 or 1), please send 2 copies with your application, and be sure to include your title, name, running time, and FilmFreeway # on the disc. If using a Vimeo or YouTube link, please include your link at the top of the cover letter section of your FilmFreeway submission.
• Films must be a Columbus premiere.
• If accepted, filmmakers will need to provide the following:
– a digital copy of their completed film
– name of film
– director’s name
– run time
– 2-3 high-res images from the film (not posters)
– photo credit information (who you would like those photos to be credited to)
– film or director’s Twitter handle (optional)
– film website (optional)
• Entry title, name of entrant, and FilmFreeway tracking number must be on all materials and containers.
• Separate applications are required for each film — even if one entity is submitting more than one film.
• Any incoming shipping, wire, banking, or other charges will be billed back to the entrant and must be paid before the entry is eligible for competition.
• Please let us know if your email address changes between the time of receipt of entry and notification of results. Otherwise, you will not be advised of or receive any award you may have won.
• All winners will receive customized laurels suitable for print and/or web usage. All winners will also receive awards in person or by mail. (If you cannot attend, please provide a mailing address, and we’ll send the award to you.)
• Liability: Although every possible care will be taken with your entry materials while in our possession, we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage. Do not send any original materials.
• Eligibility Dates: Films and videos produced in 2016 and 2017 are eligible for entry into the festival.
• Entries into the Student Section of the festival must provide proof of eligibility (student ID) upon request.
• Re-entry: Entries from previous Columbus International Film & Animation Festivals are eligible for this year’s competition if they are a revision, or entered in a different division than the original submission, and were produced during or after 2016.
• English Language: All entries must have audio essential to the message on an English language soundtrack or English subtitles. An English translation script is not an acceptable substitute with the exception of foreign student entries.
• The Best of Division winners will be considered for the Best of Festival Award. A special panel will determine this special award.
The following criteria are applied during the judging process:
– Target audience
– Organization and development
– Concept and creativity
– Technical proficiency
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The entrant has full rights to submit the entry and authorize its use.
Promotion Rights: Producers or distributors who enter the festival grant permission for their entries to be presented at any festival screening or event unless we are otherwise notified at the time of entry.
Publicity: Images, trailers, and reproducible still images may be used in festival programs and publicity materials, including for use by media.
Archives: We keep the winning entries for the festival’s archives.
Entrant has read and agrees to abide by all festival rules.